From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 00:57:49
1 On 2017-10-09, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday, October 9, 2017, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> On 2017-10-09, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> This is a know bug see https://bugs.gentoo.org/633790
6 >>
7 >> Yep, that's it. Yet when you search for roundingflags or
8 >> shapedtextflags in Gentoo's bugzilla, it finds nothing. Has the
9 >> search feature in Bugzilla ever worked?
10 >
11 > It's pretty limited.
12
13 You're being too kind. It's broken. According to the bugzilla web
14 page, the search includes the summary/description (as one might
15 expect), but it doesn't actually _do_ that.
16
17 > You might notice developers renaming bugs -
18 > this is why. They usually include the full package name and version
19 > in their rename, as well as the exact text from the last or most
20 > important error encountered.
21
22 Why do people still use bugzilla??
23
24 I've used MantisBT a lot over the past few years, and it seems like it
25 works much better than bugzilla in many ways. It even has a search
26 that works! Even Jira was better than bugzilla, and I never liked
27 Jira much.
28
29 Of course switching from one bug tracking system to another is a
30 pretty big undertaking...
33 Grant