From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge firefox-52.4.0 compile failure
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 10:27:50
1 Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 02:57:21 CEST schrieb Grant Edwards:
2 > On 2017-10-09, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Monday, October 9, 2017, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
4 wrote:
5 > >> On 2017-10-09, allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
6 > >>> This is a know bug see https://bugs.gentoo.org/633790
7 > >>
8 > >> Yep, that's it. Yet when you search for roundingflags or
9 > >> shapedtextflags in Gentoo's bugzilla, it finds nothing. Has the
10 > >> search feature in Bugzilla ever worked?
11 > >
12 > > It's pretty limited.
13
14 Do you still think so when you consider the advanced search (or the saved
15 search feature)? Just curious, since I don't tend to perform complicated
16 searches in any of the bug trackers I use.
17
18 > You're being too kind. It's broken. According to the bugzilla web
19 > page, the search includes the summary/description (as one might
20 > expect), but it doesn't actually _do_ that.
21
22 It does exactly what it says, e.g., when I search for qt I see:
23
24 " Status: UNCONFIRMED, CONFIRMED, IN_PROGRESS Alias: qt Summary: qt "
25
26 And it shows me exactly that: bugs with qt in the summary or as part of the
27 alias that have their status set to UNCONFIRMED, CONFIRMED, or IN_PROGRESS.
28 (Note that it does *not* search the description by default, and doesn't claim
29 to, either!)
30
31 Now, it could be that other search filters are preventing you from finding
32 bugs. For example, as in my above example, bugs with their status set to
33 "RESOLVED" or "VERIFIED" are not searched by default (searching only for
34 VERIFIED found 120 additional bugs). Or, more likely, your search strings
35 simply aren't part of the summary.
36
37 Of course, it's not like I actively like bugzilla, but it's not quite
38 "broken", either. "Baroque" might be a better word ;) .
41 Marc Joliet
42 --
43 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
44 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup