From: Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Virtual Hosting (server?)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 00:25:16
1 Hi listers.
2
3 I am wanting to do what I think is called virtual hosting -- have my
4 computer act for 3 or 4 different domains. Each domain would seem to
5 have its own services. For example: a different web page would come up
6 when going to <host1.com> than when going to <host2.com>. Is virtual
7 hosting the right idea for this? Is this the same as a virtual server?
8
9 I found documentation on the gentoo.org site:
10
11 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vserver-howto.xml
12
13 Is this the right idea? It sounds like I need a different kernel
14 altogether. I thought all Linux machines used the same kernel (but
15 perhaps with tweaks and things).
16
17 I appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.
20 Best regards,
24 "Let music echo the thoughts of your soul."
25
26 -- Jason Castonguay <jcast@××××.net>
29 Today is Setting Orange, the 48th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3171
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list