From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Virtual Hosting (server?)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 01:02:17
1 On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 19:11 -0500, Jason Castonguay wrote:
2 > Hi listers.
3 >
4 > I am wanting to do what I think is called virtual hosting -- have my
5 > computer act for 3 or 4 different domains. Each domain would seem to
6 > have its own services. For example: a different web page would come up
7 > when going to <host1.com> than when going to <host2.com>. Is virtual
8 > hosting the right idea for this? Is this the same as a virtual server?
9 >
10 > I found documentation on the gentoo.org site:
11 >
12 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vserver-howto.xml
13 >
14 > Is this the right idea? It sounds like I need a different kernel
15 > altogether. I thought all Linux machines used the same kernel (but
16 > perhaps with tweaks and things).
17 >
18 > I appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much.
19
20 All you need is Apache. You don't need any special kernel.
23 #Joseph
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list