From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] REQUIRED_USE on dev-db/mariadb-10.0 confuses me
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:57:29
1 On Sunday 25 Jan 2015 19:41:58 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:17:00 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
4 > >
5 > > The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
6 > > xml? ( extraengine )
7 > >
8 > > Can you please remind me what the above message means? What is the
9 > > meaning of the question mark after xml? I remember this has been
10 > > answered before (at least by Alan) but I can't seem to find the thread
11 > > just now.
12 >
13 > The question mark is a test, what this means is
14 >
15 > if USE contains "xml":
16 > USE most also contain extraengone
17 >
18 > Add extraengine to package.use and all should be well. At least until the
19 > next time emerge decides to puke all over your terminal in an attempt to
20 > hide the cause of the error :(
21
22 Thanks Neil, I clearly failed the test. :p
23
24 I had added extraengine to package.use and the message went away, but couldn't
25 understand why xml *needs* extraengine. So, I stopped and asked here, in case
26 I emerge things I don't really need.
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick