From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] services not starting since move to amd64
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 06:25:54
1 Greets, gentoo-users,
2
3 as soem of you might remember I only recently migrated my system to
4 amd64 (fresh install).
5
6 I don't exactly know if there is a relation to this move but since then
7 I have the problem that some services simply don't start when the system
8 boots.
9
10 For example xinetd, sshd and smartd don't start, they get started and
11 show their green "OK"-message but aren't running afterwards.
12
13 I checked "rc-config list":
14
15 sshd default
16 [...]
17 xinetd default
18
19 I removed and re-added the services
20
21 # rc-config delete sshd default
22 Deleting sshd from following runlevels
23 default [done]
24 # rc-config add sshd default
25 Adding sshd to following runlevels
26 default [done]
27
28 looks fine but doesn't start at next boot. Or more exactly: It seems to
29 get started, but doesn't run then.
30
31 If it was only one of the services I would consider a misconfiguration
32 in its configfiles somewhere, but I see this for several services:
33
34 cpufreqd, distccd, hddtemp, iscsid, ..... smartd, sshd, ....
35
36 Could anyone point me to what to do to solve this?
37
38 Thanks a lot, Stefan
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list