From: Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Owncloud got completely broken after update
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:06:47
1 John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 18:15:30 -0500,
4 > Melleus wrote:
5 >>
6 >> Hi to all,
7 >>
8 >> My OC got completely broken after update to v.10.0.4. At least two
9 >> backends stop working: webdav and caldav. I have heard that many
10 >> developers flee from OC project. So what do think would make more sence
11 >> - investing my time in debuging OC or migratitg to Nextcloud?
12 >>
13 >> Thank you.
14 >
15 > I went to nextcloud -- it was at 11.0 when I started and is now at
16 > 12.04 or so. I got tired of owncloud's problems, even the ability to
17 > stay logged in was gone because the developer moved on, and so I
18 > bailed on that. I would go back to 9.x before switching, but you will
19 > have to restore the database to what it was.
20
21 So I have just done. Thankfully I use it only for myself, so all I had
22 to do to migrate is just resync my devices. I installed NC from scratch
23 and it works out of the box. Though it throws some warnings in its web
24 interface: it has found "extra" .webapp-nextcloud-12.0.4 file and
25 jquery.ocdialog.js has invalid hash for some unknown reason. I know
26 where .webapp* file comes from, but what do you think I should do with
27 that jquery* file?
28
29 Regards.