From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] too many kernel problems!
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 02:00:28
1 On 10/9/05, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
2
3 > So, my question is: Do I have to give up suspend? (I hope not, as when
4 > it does work it works great and only takes a few seconds to suspend /
5 > start up). Is it worth a bugzilla entry anywhere?
6
7 In my opinion, most definitely it's worth filing a report in Gentoo's
8 bugzilla. My thought is that ANYTHING that doesn't work the way you
9 want it to work is a candidate for a bug report.
10
11 I think that before you file a bug report you owe it to the developers
12 to check for other reports, both in bugzilla and the forums. It sounds
13 like you did that. Now you file and see what happens. I've filed a
14 number of bug reports. Very few of them have ever been blown off. A
15 few have come back 'won't fix', for various reasons. Most (I think)
16 have been fixed. Some have been duplicates that I couldn't find using
17 the search system. You may find that your issue is already in there
18 and you just haven't found it. A few bug reports have been pushed up
19 to the main application's developers.
20
21 Everything's fair if you do your part.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list