From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:50:24
1 On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>  wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>
7 >>> Mark Knecht wrote:
8 >>>
9 >>>>
10 >>>> I see there's a 2.8.1-r2 release this morning. Hopefully that will
11 >>>> solve my problems.
12 >>>>
13 >>>> Cheers,
14 >>>> Mark
15 >>>>
16 >>>>
17 >>>>
18 >>>
19 >>> Ahhh, you are running unstable.  I'm stable and using
20 >>> dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3 so the fact that I have had no issues may be
21 >>> because
22 >>> I am still on stable.
23 >>>
24 >>> Dale
25 >>>
26 >>> :-)  :-)
27 >>>
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >>
31 >> Interestingly I am not running testing. I do _not_ have
32 >>
33 >> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
34 >>
35 >> in my make.conf file and as best I can tell I didn't unmask or ask for
36 >> any version higher than stable. However the machine continues to try
37 >> and build testing on the cmake package only. To get around this in the
38 >> short term I masked the 2.8.1 series and got past that problem. Now
39 >> I'm just left with so many libpng errors I'm not sure I'll ever get it
40 >> sorted out.
41 >>
42 >> Really, this weekend I need to understand this cmake problem. The
43 >> machine is not happy about something...
44 >>
45 >> Cheers,
46 >> Mark
50 > It may be stable for ~amd64.  I'm on x86 where it is not stable.
51 >
52 > The libpng issue has been discussed.  Basically, go to a console, remove the
53 > old libpng using emerge -C, then rm the old libpng files, emerge the new
54 > libpng and run revdep-rebuild.  It will rebuild a lot of packages.  I have
55 > KDE installed here and it rebuilt a LOT of that.  You most likely won't have
56 > a GUI during that either.
57 >
58 > I think the most important part was to emerge -C and then rm the old
59 > directory to make certain there was nothing left behind of the old libpng.
60 >  This is a link to a blog that I followed and it went pretty well for me.
61 >
62 > http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/06/29/stable-users-libpng-update
63 >
64 > Hope that helps.
65 >
66 > Dale
67 >
68 > :-)  :-)
69
70 Thanks to both you and Arttu.
71
72 As for libpng I've straightened it out on 3 other machines to date,
73 all 64-bit, but this last machine is causing me fits. Fortunately I
74 have two of these machines with the same motherboard, processor, VGA.
75 Only sound is different. The other one worked out OK with libpng so
76 I'll likely just slog through a comparison, config file by config
77 file, to find the differences.
78
79 Thanks for the link. It should be helpful.
80
81 Cheers,
82 Mark