From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cmake-2.8.1 build problems
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 19:04:10
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> I see there's a 2.8.1-r2 release this morning. Hopefully that will
7 >>> solve my problems.
8 >>>
9 >>> Cheers,
10 >>> Mark
11 >>>
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> Ahhh, you are running unstable. I'm stable and using
15 >> dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3 so the fact that I have had no issues may be because
16 >> I am still on stable.
17 >>
18 >> Dale
19 >>
20 >> :-) :-)
24 > Interestingly I am not running testing. I do _not_ have
25 >
26 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
27 >
28 > in my make.conf file and as best I can tell I didn't unmask or ask for
29 > any version higher than stable. However the machine continues to try
30 > and build testing on the cmake package only. To get around this in the
31 > short term I masked the 2.8.1 series and got past that problem. Now
32 > I'm just left with so many libpng errors I'm not sure I'll ever get it
33 > sorted out.
34 >
35 > Really, this weekend I need to understand this cmake problem. The
36 > machine is not happy about something...
37 >
38 > Cheers,
39 > Mark
43 It may be stable for ~amd64. I'm on x86 where it is not stable.
44
45 The libpng issue has been discussed. Basically, go to a console, remove
46 the old libpng using emerge -C, then rm the old libpng files, emerge the
47 new libpng and run revdep-rebuild. It will rebuild a lot of packages.
48 I have KDE installed here and it rebuilt a LOT of that. You most likely
49 won't have a GUI during that either.
50
51 I think the most important part was to emerge -C and then rm the old
52 directory to make certain there was nothing left behind of the old
53 libpng. This is a link to a blog that I followed and it went pretty
54 well for me.
55
56 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/06/29/stable-users-libpng-update
57