From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and high CPU usage
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 19:26:38
1 Uwe Thiem wrote:
2 > On 30 December 2006 17:17, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mick wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Saturday 30 December 2006 14:04, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Dale wrote:
9 >>>>
10 >>>>
11 >>>>
12 >>>> I found out some more info. It only does it with one contact. I have
13 >>>> mine set up to save my history and I have chatted a good bit with this
14 >>>> person. If I open a chat with someone that I have very little history
15 >>>> with, it opens right up. No problem.
16 >>>>
17 >>> So, it seems like it takes some effort to read the history file?
18 >>>
19 >> It seems so. I also noticed that another friend that I chat with a good
20 >> bit does the same thing. The ones that have very little history pop
21 >> right up with little CPU usage and delay. I think we found what causes
22 >> it. Now we need someone to fix it.
23 >>
24 >> How do you delete some of the history anyway? I can't find a way to do
25 >> that.
28 > I don't use kopete much. So this is a guess from general KDE behaviour. ;-)
29 >
30 > Look under ~/.kde/share/apps/kopete. See whether you can cand the history
31 > files there.
32 >
33 > Uwe
37 LOL. That's where they are all right. Since I figured out how to keep
38 it from taking so long to open the window, I'll keep the history now.
39
40 At least I know how to now though. Still wonder if this is a bug or
41 something.
42
43 Thanks
44