From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and high CPU usage
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 17:03:11
1 On 30 December 2006 17:17, Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 30 December 2006 14:04, Dale wrote:
4 > >> Dale wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > >> I found out some more info. It only does it with one contact. I have
9 > >> mine set up to save my history and I have chatted a good bit with this
10 > >> person. If I open a chat with someone that I have very little history
11 > >> with, it opens right up. No problem.
12 > >
13 > > So, it seems like it takes some effort to read the history file?
14 >
15 > It seems so. I also noticed that another friend that I chat with a good
16 > bit does the same thing. The ones that have very little history pop
17 > right up with little CPU usage and delay. I think we found what causes
18 > it. Now we need someone to fix it.
19 >
20 > How do you delete some of the history anyway? I can't find a way to do
21 > that.
22
23 I don't use kopete much. So this is a guess from general KDE behaviour. ;-)
24
25 Look under ~/.kde/share/apps/kopete. See whether you can cand the history
26 files there.
27
28 Uwe
31 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
32 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list