From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and high CPU usage
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:22:37
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Saturday 30 December 2006 14:04, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Dale wrote:
8 >> I found out some more info. It only does it with one contact. I have
9 >> mine set up to save my history and I have chatted a good bit with this
10 >> person. If I open a chat with someone that I have very little history
11 >> with, it opens right up. No problem.
14 > So, it seems like it takes some effort to read the history file?
15 >
16 It seems so. I also noticed that another friend that I chat with a good
17 bit does the same thing. The ones that have very little history pop
18 right up with little CPU usage and delay. I think we found what causes
19 it. Now we need someone to fix it.
20
21 How do you delete some of the history anyway? I can't find a way to do
22 that.
23
24 Oh, just found this, go to Settings then configure plugins. In the
25 history part, uncheck the 'show chat history in new chats' box. Then it
26 works fine. They all pop right up like it should.
27
28 Should I report this as a bug? Should I put it on the KDE list to see
29 what they say about it?
30
31 Dale
32