From: Urs Schutz <u.schutz@×××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:14:06
1 On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 03:53:23 -0500
15 > > net-print/cups
16 > > net-print/hplip
17 > > sys-apps/dbus
18 > > sys-apps/openrc
19 > > dev-db/mysql
20 > > kde-base/kdm
21 > > root@fireball / #
22 > >
23 > > That hplip makes me wonder. I had issues with that
24 > > thing before causing freezes, not lock ups tho. I
25 > > should have expected openoffice to be on there tho. lol
26 > >
27 > > Hmmm. What you think about that list? Anything look
28 > > suspicious?
29 > >
30 > > Dale
31
32 Just a hint without further proof:
33 I had soffice -quickstart (from LibreOffice) running as
34 panel app, and had kernel crashes. Since I do not start the
35 LibreOffice quickstarter anymore, i have a stable system
36 again.
37 This is with LibreOffice 3.3.2; OOO330m19 (Build:202) and
38 WMaker wmsystemtray.
39
40 Urs