From: Nikita Tropin <posixivist32@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] shutdown for non-root users?
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:29:05
1 If it's your home system and especial security is unimportant you can try
2 next:
3 chmod +s /sbin/halt
4 and use /sbin/halt to achieve the same effect.
5
6 You can use ACPI power button event (see /etc/acpi/events/default and
7 uncomment appropriate line).
8 Also there was method with dbus (searching the web will give suggestions).