From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] lvm.service running too early? [HACKED]
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 18:39:49
1 On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 11:12:23 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > > It has the same problem. I looked more carefully at the systemd logs
4 > > and found that lvm was running before the xhci kernel module was
5 > > loaded, hence the usb3 drive was not visible yet.
6 > >
7 > > I "fixed" the problem by adding "After=basic" to the lvm.service
8 > > file, and now it works as expected. (Expected by me, anyway :)
9 >
10 > Well, at least is working, however is kinda an ugly fix. Could you
11 > create the file /etc/modules-load.d/usb3.conf, with the line xhci in
12 > it, reboot, and see if your little hack is not needed then? Also, if
13 > you are using an initramfs, could you rebuild it before trying?
14
15 Alternatively, build xhci into the kernel, since you need it at every
16 boot.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 For security reasons, all text in this mail is double-rot13 encrypted.