From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [systemd] lvm.service running too early? [HACKED--]
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 22:36:10
1 On 12/08/2013 10:39 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 11:12:23 -0600, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >>> It has the same problem. I looked more carefully at the systemd logs
5 >>> and found that lvm was running before the xhci kernel module was
6 >>> loaded, hence the usb3 drive was not visible yet.
7 >>>
8 >>> I "fixed" the problem by adding "After=basic" to the lvm.service
9 >>> file, and now it works as expected. (Expected by me, anyway :)
10 >>
11 >> Well, at least is working, however is kinda an ugly fix. Could you
12 >> create the file /etc/modules-load.d/usb3.conf, with the line xhci in
13 >> it, reboot, and see if your little hack is not needed then? Also, if
14 >> you are using an initramfs, could you rebuild it before trying?
15 >
16 > Alternatively, build xhci into the kernel, since you need it at every
17 > boot.
18
19 Both of the suggestions above reversed the order of the journalctl
20 messages so that the usb3 drive appears before lvm.service is run,
21 but pvscan still finds no volumes and the volume group is not active
22 after bootup :(
23
24 I changed After=basic.target to After=sysinit.target, which still
25 gets it working well enough for my primitive needs. IMHO that fix
26 allows me to decrement ${HACKED} by one :)