From: Rohit Sharma <bhavhit@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dns at startup
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:03:11
1 David Corbin wrote:
2
3 >>"use dns" probably refers to DNS server [running on your local host - which is not the case with most of us, as we don't run DNSes of our own]
4 >>I kind of figured that, but at the same time, why would the various scripts care where the DNS is being resolved from?
7 that makes the two of us - really.
8 If I were you, I would
9
10 * Ensure that ntp-client script starts after the networking has been
11 set up
12 * modify the ntp-client script to ensure that it tests whether a
13 DNS is available or not, at first. If it can't find a DNS, it
14 should probably wait till it can.
15
16 Unfortunately, I am not saying anything you dont already know
17 Rohit
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list