From: Iain Buchanan <iain@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] "text-only" email parts in evolution 2.4
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:37:51
1 I recently upgraded gnome to 2.12 (went smoothly, looks great!) and with
2 it came evolution 2.4.1. One of the features of 2.2.3 that I found
3 great was the "only show text parts of messages" plug in. This is the
4 first time I saw evolution support such a (long wanted) feature.
5
6 However, it appears that plugin got in by accident, and although I'm
7 sure a huge number of evolution users want it, have asked for it, and
8 use it, it was never meant to be there and is not officially supported
9 (and hence was taken out of 2.4)
10
11 Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but why? This seems to be a basic
12 feature supported by every real email client on earth, so why not
13 evolution? So what if some people don't want it - that's why its an
14 option...
15
16 All flame wars about html vs text emails aside, how do I get it back?
17 I've been trying to find out how to get / use plugins for evolution, but
18 there doesn't seem to be much help about it.
19
20 And also, if so many people want such a feature, why isn't it a patch
21 from gentoo? Is there some fundamental understanding that I'm missing?
22
23 Any help, or enlightenment about the topic, would be much appreciated,
24 Thanks,
25 --
26 Iain
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list