From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2.6.19-r5 kernel disaster
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:15:45
1 Hi!
2
3 On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:02:54 -0700 (PDT) maxim wexler
4 <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > After running make menuconfig 4x on a PIII,
6 > re-emerging --emptytree world and either booting to a
7 > highly unstable system or a maintenance login I feel
8 > it's time to call on the authorities.
9 >
10 > Don't even have gpm so I can't scroll the choice bits
11 > of the boot messages.
12
13 You don't need gpm for that. SHIFT-PgUp and SHIFT-PgDn can do that
14 too. ;-)
15
16 And the following excerpt from /etc/conf.d/rc might help in debugging
17 boot problems:
18 =======================
19 # RC_BOOTLOG will generate a log of the boot messages shown on the
20 # console. Useful for headless machines or debugging. You need to
21 # emerge the app-admin/showconsole package for this to work. Note that
22 # this probably won't work correctly with boot splash.
23
24 RC_BOOTLOG="no"
28 Cheers,
29 Renat
32 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
33 durch die sie entstanden sind.
34 (Einstein)