From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for simple GUI MUA that works with ssmtp
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 20:18:00
1 On Tue, 27 Dec 2022 06:10:17 +0100, tastytea wrote:
2
3 > > mutt has served me well over the years, but thanks to *BRAINDEAD
4 > > CORPORATE IDIOTS* I need a GUI client to parse 100 K of HTML that
5 > > replaces 1 page of text. These aren't just plain spammers, but
6 > > businesses that I deal with regularly. It seems that plaintext email
7 > > is going the way of cursive writing. Any suggestions for an MUA that
8 > > can spit out rmail to port 25?
11 > I use mail-client/claws-mail, with the dillo plugin to view the
12 > occasional HTML only email. It apparently also has a webkit plugin, in
13 > case you get “extra fancy” mails.
14
15 Another vote for Claws here, although i use the liteHTML plugin, which
16 seems to handle more than Dillo, but without the overhead of webkit.
17
18 It can also open HTML emails in your preferred browser.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." - Benjamin
25 Franklin