From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for simple GUI MUA that works with ssmtp
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 05:10:30
1 On 2022-12-26 20:43-0500 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > mutt has served me well over the years, but thanks to *BRAINDEAD
4 > CORPORATE IDIOTS* I need a GUI client to parse 100 K of HTML that
5 > replaces 1 page of text. These aren't just plain spammers, but
6 > businesses that I deal with regularly. It seems that plaintext email
7 > is going the way of cursive writing. Any suggestions for an MUA that
8 > can spit out rmail to port 25?
11 I use mail-client/claws-mail, with the dillo plugin to view the
12 occasional HTML only email. It apparently also has a webkit plugin, in
13 case you get “extra fancy” mails.
14
15 claws-mail is pretty lightweight, very configurable, can spawn an
16 external editor to write emails but can't send HTML emails itself AFAIK.
17
18 Kind regards, tastytea