From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Konsole
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:27:34
1 On 10/07/2016 22:25, James wrote:
2 > Michael Palimaka <kensington <at> gentoo.org> writes:
3 >
4 >> On 10/07/16 05:44, Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>> What has happened to Konsole:4/4.14 ?
6 >
7 >> We recently dropped most of 4.14 as it is old, unsupported, and assists
8 >> in easing our general maintenance burden.
9 >> As usual, it has been copied to the kde-sunset overlay for those who
10 >> aren't yet ready to say goodbye.
11 > [2]
12 >
13 > OK, well with the attic, it was trivial to restore an ebuild. With Github,
14 > it is more efforts, but many extol the virtues of restoring an ebuild from
15 > github. Dev NP-hardass, was kind enough to post instructions [1], but
16 > I have yet to fully test those steps. It would be very useful to see another
17 > user follow NPH's instruction guide found at the bottom of the reference, to
18 > install/restore an old ebuild, say in your /usr/local/portage/. If this
19 > works well, with a bit of testing and more info, perhaps it could be placed
20 > into the gentoo wiki for users to reference.
21 >
22 > Do post back your experience with those instructions, should you give it a
23 > test drive.
26 It's an overlay, not an Attic. Enable the overlay with layman.
27
28 A single kde-4 ebuild is useless without the rest of KDE it depends on.
29
30 Alan