From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Konsole
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2016 20:25:46
1 Michael Palimaka <kensington <at> gentoo.org> writes:
2
3 > On 10/07/16 05:44, Philip Webb wrote:
4 > > What has happened to Konsole:4/4.14 ?
5
6 > We recently dropped most of 4.14 as it is old, unsupported, and assists
7 > in easing our general maintenance burden.
8 > As usual, it has been copied to the kde-sunset overlay for those who
9 > aren't yet ready to say goodbye.
10 [2]
11
12 OK, well with the attic, it was trivial to restore an ebuild. With Github,
13 it is more efforts, but many extol the virtues of restoring an ebuild from
14 github. Dev NP-hardass, was kind enough to post instructions [1], but
15 I have yet to fully test those steps. It would be very useful to see another
16 user follow NPH's instruction guide found at the bottom of the reference, to
17 install/restore an old ebuild, say in your /usr/local/portage/. If this
18 works well, with a bit of testing and more info, perhaps it could be placed
19 into the gentoo wiki for users to reference.
20
21 Do post back your experience with those instructions, should you give it a
22 test drive.
23
24 hth,
25 James