From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: boot to console only?
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 02:07:43
1 On 01/12/2011 01:40 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > The problem was I built a VM that started X but only had KDE in the VM
4 > and no user accounts yet. KDE starts and runs in the VM but KDE
5 > wouldn't allow a root login so there wasn't a way for me to get a user
6 > account added without stopping at the login like this.
7
8 Uhm, CTRL+Alt+F1 will switch you to the first console so you can login
9 as root. If you're on VMWare, that shortcut becomes CTRL+Alt+Space,
10 release them, then press F1.