From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 04:02:17
1 150802 Mick wrote:
2 > On Sunday 02 Aug 2015 07:52:02 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Today, did the same emerge without any problem :
4 >> my bookmarks remain the same, as does my start-up ("home") site.
5 >> From the discussion, it appears that your difficulties
6 >> resulted from your use of a developer version of FF,
7 >> but how you come to be using it is not clear.
8 > USE="bindist" emerges the Aurora as opposed to Firefox ESR
9 > and this is what is causing the problem.
10 > You evidently do not have bindist set for FF
11 > and therefore have not experienced this profile related problem.
12
13 That's the benefit of starting make.conf USE with '-*' (wry grin) :
14 yes, I know what the pundits say, but it works if you're attentive.
15
16 Acc to 'euses bindist' :
17 "www-client/firefox:bindist
18 - Disable official Firefox branding (icons, name)
19 which are not binary-redistributable according to upstream".
20 It doesn't say anything re Aurora/ESR (whatever they are)
21 nor re a developer version of Firefox. Perhaps a Gentoo bug ?
25 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
26 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
27 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca