From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 08:38:35
1 On Sunday 02 Aug 2015 07:52:02 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > On Jul 30, 2015 11:23 AM, "Alan Mackenzie" <acm@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Over the course of the last 24 hours,
4 > > Firefox 38.1.0 became stable in portage, so I merged it in.
5 > > What a mistake! All my existing configuration (incl for NoScript+),
6 > > all my bookmarks, all record of previous visits to site -
7 > > gone, deleted, vanished. I'm not happy about that ... [etc]
8 >
9 > Today, did the same emerge without any problem :
10 > my bookmarks remain the same, as does my start-up ("home") site.
11 > From the discussion, it appears that your difficulties
12 > resulted from your use of a developer version of FF,
13 > but how you come to be using it is not clear.
14
15 USE="bindist" emerges the Aurora as opposed to Firefox ESR and this is what is
16 causing the problem. You evidently do not have bindist set for FF and
17 therefore have not experienced this profile related problem.
20 Regards,
21 Mick