From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 06:52:20
1 On Jul 30, 2015 11:23 AM, "Alan Mackenzie" <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Over the course of the last 24 hours,
3 > Firefox 38.1.0 became stable in portage, so I merged it in.
4 > What a mistake! All my existing configuration (incl for NoScript+),
5 > all my bookmarks, all record of previous visits to site -
6 > gone, deleted, vanished. I'm not happy about that ... [etc]
7
8 Today, did the same emerge without any problem :
9 my bookmarks remain the same, as does my start-up ("home") site.
10 From the discussion, it appears that your difficulties
11 resulted from your use of a developer version of FF,
12 but how you come to be using it is not clear.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca