From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: update problems
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 19:35:50
1 On 09/20/2015 11:07 AM, James wrote:
2 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >> For boost and ffmpeg, try running `equery depends <package>` and if no
6 >> result comes back it wasn't installed from a dependency. If it does say
7 >> another package is pulling it in, remove it from the world file by
8 >> using: `emerge --deselect <package>` - in the case of boost it would be
9 >> `emerge --deselect dev-libs/boost`.
10 >
11 > Yea, many of us forget the --oneshot option whilst admining about.....
14 Yep, in my case I did it about 25 times over many years. Eventually
15 you'll get enough crap in the world file that portage has a hard time
16 updating. I usually remember --oneshot but if I'm tired or distracted I
17 forget it. :-)
18
19 Dan