From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage tree hosed?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 07:29:10
1 Adrian wrote:
4 >Hi Dale;
5 >
6 >I tried the metadata. Didn't help.
7 >
8 >I use to not have any problems with emerge sync, even tho it take take
9 >a bit of time. Now I have 2 boxes and both of 'em can't make it.
10 >
11 >I've been playing with this for days, no luck. It's 'bout to drive me
12 >nuts.
13 >
14 >Adrian
20 If you are using the default mirrors, change them. I ran into timeout
21 errors all the time with the default mirrors. I think I used this one:
22
23 http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/
24
25 I think that will work better if you are running into the same timeout
26 problem I used to have. You may want to try "mirrorselect -i -r".
27 Please, make a backup of make.conf before you run that. Some have ran
28 into problems with it messing up the file. Just pick the mirror that is
29 closest and works. Try different ones if you need to.
30
31 Dale
32 :-)
33 --