From: Adrian <linuxgn2@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage tree hosed?
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 04:47:46
1 On Sun, 07 May 2006 23:06:46 -0500
2 Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com> wrote the words:
3
4 > I did a manual download once, I think the command you want is emerge
5 > metadata. May want to try that first. I'm also familiar with
6 > dial-up. I used to be on a slow 26K connection. It sucks. My
7 > sympathies and I hope you can get a better connection one day soon.
8 > Yea cable modem. :-)
9 >
10 > You do know that if you get it to where you can do a regular sync, it
11 > is a lot faster than a manual download, most of the time anyway??
12 > Just a thought.
13 >
14 > Hope that helps.
15 >
16 > Dale
17 > :-)
18 > --
19
20 Hi Dale;
21
22 I tried the metadata. Didn't help.
23
24 I use to not have any problems with emerge sync, even tho it take take
25 a bit of time. Now I have 2 boxes and both of 'em can't make it.
26
27 I've been playing with this for days, no luck. It's 'bout to drive me
28 nuts.
29
30 Adrian
34 On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos
35
36 On The Fly Photography: http://204EastSouth.com
37 Purchase from On The Fly: http://204EastSouth.com/OTFStore.htm
38 The Cynical Libertarian Society: http://www.204EastSouth.com/cls