From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: DVD-"Container" ?
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:27:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using k3b to burn dvds/cds.
4 As most programs of this kind, k3b can /copy/ but not
5 /move/ data to a DVD.
6 Therefore, when trying to find tose files, which exactly
7 sum up to the size of a DVD (by the way: I know DVD-
8 sizes from a little below 4.3 GB to over 4.7GB...what is
9 the truth?) I end up with a selected file here and another
10 one there. After the DVD is finished it is --hrmm-- not
11 efficient to find those in the related directories to
12 remove them after a successful copy.
13 Now I am looking of something like a "virtual DVD" to
14 which I can /move/ and move back files. The "DVD"
15 should report "no space left on device" exactly at
16 the same point when a "real DVD" is filled.
17
18 I thought of one extra partition of the same size a DVD
19 but since the filesystems will occupy different amount
20 of space...
21
22 On the other hand: A iso-image-file on the harddisk would
23 be nice, but that filesystem isn't made for moving files
24 back and forth...
25
26 Any ideas to solve this???
27
28 Thanks a lot for your help in advance!
29 best regards,
30 mcc
35 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
36 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
37 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
38 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.