From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where did lvm installation guide go?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 05:50:49
1 On 30/08/2013 03:45, gottlieb@×××.edu wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 29 2013, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:19 PM, <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> I have experience with LVM, but not systemd or dracut or initramfs
7 >>>
8 >>> * both grub and grub2 support lvm
9 >>
10 >> Does GRUB legacy handles /boot in LVM? I haven't tried that yet.
11 >
12 > That I don't know. I believe the LVM "companion manual" that I am
13 > seeking and that I used for previous installs advised against /boot on
14 > lvm (probably also /lib and others). Perhaps this was simply reflecting
15 > no initramfs. Hence any grub issue with /boot on lvm didn't arise.
16
17 I believe this is correct
18
19 grub-legacy never did directly support reading lvm volumes,
20 you must use an initramfs
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com