From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: swaps mounted randomly [not out of the woods yet]
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 11:05:35
1 On 19/03/20 07:17, n952162 wrote:
2 > Where is the UUID determined? I'd presumed that it was derived from
3 > some characteristics of the drive, determined by the device controller,
4 > but now I'm wondering if my initial RAID configuration set some
5 > drive-internal variable to be identical?
6
7 Did you set up one disk, and then copy the partition table across to the
8 other? That is a common mistake people make, either by using dd, or
9 doing a "backup and restore" (I think gdisk gives you that option).
10
11 You might have given up on raid because that was causing you grief!
12
13 If you want to try raid again, and have problems, just ping me and we'll
14 hopefully have you up and running in no time - all being well I'll be
15 setting up a new system, and a raid testbed, in the near future so I
16 hope to have a wiki page chronicling my adventures ... :-)
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol