From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ethernet dont use kernel module
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 08:43:37
1 On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > 2014-03-09 5:28 GMT-03:00 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> On Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Facundo Curti <facu.curti@×××××.com>
5 >> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> [snip]
8 >>
9 >> First of all, you should not need to run any script. udev should
10 >> handle everything by itself.
11 >>
12 >> > http://bpaste.net/show/186711/
13 >>
14 >> Second of all:
15 >>
16 >> could not open /proc/modules: No such file or directory
17 >>
18 >> How is that even possible? In the first .config you posted, you had
19 >> CONFIG_MODULES unset, but I'm assuming you changed CONFIG_R8169 to 'm'
20 >> by running make menuconfig and going into the correct option, and that
21 >> you don't just edited your .config file. Right?
22 >>
23 >> Because if you edited your .config by hand, that *CANNOT* result in
24 >> anything good, unless you know precisely what are you doing, and even
25 >> then most people would not recommend it.
26 >>
27 > Yes, of course :) I used make menuconfig, and i put modules ON.
28 >
29 >> It looks like you don't have kernel module support. Is that so?
32 > I turned this on.
33 >
34 > Now I made an emerge --sync, and emerge --update --newuse --deep world
35 >
36 > And this give me an update of gentoo-sources (3.10 I had to 3.12). So I'm
37 > going to compile the new kernel to see if it works :P
40 >> What does the following command prints:
41 >>
42 >> find /lib/modules -name "*r816*"
45 > I post it in a few secs :) Please wait I will try first compiling the new
46 > kernel.
47
48 Also, remember that after you compile your kernel with modules
49 support, you need to do "make modules_install" so the modules get
50 installed into /lib/modules/${KERNEL_VERSION}.
51
52 Regards.
53 --
54 Canek Peláez Valdés