From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] http-replicator permissions
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:18:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 13:26:22 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >>> You may do if you put $PORTDIR on NFS, but I am only sharing $DISTDIR.
6 >>>
7 >
8 >> I cheated and just shared /usrportage, distfiles and all. I wasn't to
9 >> clear on what I was doing in my reply up there.
10 >>
11 > Even $PKGDIR? That's not a good idea unless you have identical hardware
12 > and USE flags.
16 I didn't save those back then. I very rarely use the -K option anyway.
17 I build them now but I only used it once in the past couple years. It's
18 like having backups, you hope you never need them but knowing you have
19 it sure does make one feel better. ;-)
20
21 Dale
22