From: Henk Boom <lunarc.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any Flash editor with gui?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:59:45
1 On 17/03/07, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thanks, but at $499 a pop I somehow doubt that Adobe will be sharing the
3 > secrets of their extremely expensive software anytime soon. I mean, if they
4 > were to open it up to Linux a number of M$Windoze users would be seriously
5 > tempted to try out Linux for the first time. With M$oft's shares in Adobe I
6 > somehow doubt that this will happen. :-(
7
8 Yes, god forbid adobe try to support an operating system other than windows.
9
10 With regards to these "secrets," they already have their file format
11 documented, it's just that you aren't allowed to use the documentation
12 to make a flash player (they no doubt want to keep control over new
13 developments in the file format). There are no technical reasons why
14 an open source SWF maker shouldn't be available, in fact MTASC and
15 haxe are two examples (though neither are GUI driven). However, the
16 level of control Adobe keeps over flash does attract a lot of hate
17 from free software advocates.
18
19 Henk Boom
20
21 P.S.: Please stop using $ everywhere, that's only rumoured to be cool.
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list