From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any Flash editor with gui?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:36:35
1 On Saturday 17 March 2007 15:38, James Lockie wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I am looking for a flash editor like e.g. (Adobe) Macromedia Flash is for
6 > > M$Windoze and AppleMac. My wife needs to learn how to create flash
7 > > animations and I can't find anything in portage . . .
8 > >
9 > > Google tells me that F4L is a flash GUI editor, but probably needs some
10 > > more development.
11 > >
12 > > I keep telling her to pull her finger out and learn some raw action
13 > > script, but her M$Windoze-GUI dependency is hard to overcome.
14 > >
15 > > What do Gentoo people use to develop flash stuff?
16 >
17 > A lot of Linux users don't like Flash because it is not a standard.
18 > When Adobe makes the player source available, I bet we will see Flash
19 > compilers for other platforms. :-)
20
21 Thanks, but at $499 a pop I somehow doubt that Adobe will be sharing the
22 secrets of their extremely expensive software anytime soon. I mean, if they
23 were to open it up to Linux a number of M$Windoze users would be seriously
24 tempted to try out Linux for the first time. With M$oft's shares in Adobe I
25 somehow doubt that this will happen. :-(
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick