From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VNC over SSH (VNC session is non-local to SSH)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:49:29
1 On Tuesday 10 October 2006 20:27, Sieb, Glenn E (Glenn) wrote:
2 > richard.j.fish@×××××.com wrote:
3 > > I don't use putty, but I believe pretty much the same way.
4 > > You should be able to enter vnchost as the "destination host
5 > > name" even while logging into your router. [1]
6 >
7 > You can do it via the command line, or you can create a saved session too.
8 > Under Connection->SSH->Tunnels you can enter ports to forward.. then, once
9 > you've set your key up and the machine &c &c, you can save the
10 > session--then every time you connect to that saved session, you have your
11 > VNC ports all ready.
12
13 You should be able to set up the whole string under the field
14 called "Destination" and after you click add, edit it manually in the field
15 above.
16
17 However, I wonder if since you are traversing machines and you keep forwarding
18 ports, what you want to use is PuTTY's agent forwarding?
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick