From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VNC over SSH (VNC session is non-local to SSH)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 22:01:45
1 On 10/10/06, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday 10 October 2006 20:27, Sieb, Glenn E (Glenn) wrote:
4 > > richard.j.fish@×××××.com wrote:
5 > > > I don't use putty, but I believe pretty much the same way.
6 > > > You should be able to enter vnchost as the "destination host
7 > > > name" even while logging into your router. [1]
8 > >
9 > > You can do it via the command line, or you can create a saved session
10 > too.
11 > > Under Connection->SSH->Tunnels you can enter ports to forward.. then,
12 > once
13 > > you've set your key up and the machine &c &c, you can save the
14 > > session--then every time you connect to that saved session, you have
15 > your
16 > > VNC ports all ready.
17 >
18 > You should be able to set up the whole string under the field
19 > called "Destination" and after you click add, edit it manually in the
20 > field
21 > above.
22 >
23 > However, I wonder if since you are traversing machines and you keep
24 > forwarding
25 > ports, what you want to use is PuTTY's agent forwarding?
26 > --
27 > Regards,
28 > Mick
32 Guys, there's no need to keep replying. Thanks for the help, but I'm able
33 to do it now (have been for the past 4 e-mails)
36 - Mark Shields