From: Timo Boettcher <spida@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Touch screen
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:33:40
1 * Rodrigo Forlin <forlin@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Can someone point me a touch screen monitor that works under console?
3 I bought a Touchscreen from some car-tuning guy on ebay. The touchscreen
4 is detected as an eGalax compatible unit and works using the
5 usbtouchscreen-module of the linux-kernel (using 2.6.19-gentoo-?).
6 Works as in "the cursor moves when I touch it". I had to patch the
7 kernel to add some sysfs-entries to be able to calibrate it without X.
8 I sent the patch to the maintainer some days ago, who has not repiled
9 yet. If anybody is interested in the patch, please ask.
10 > I develop programs under console using framebuffer so i need also
11 > a nice api to make my programs work with touchscreen.
12 I use pygame with the fbcon SDL-Driver, that works without any problems.
13 Some rough project overview and screenshots can be found at
14 http://www.spida.net/projects/pympdtouchgui/, code will follow.
15
16 HTH, if you want more details, feel free to ask.
17
18 Timo
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list