From: Rodrigo Forlin <forlin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Touch screen
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 13:29:01
1 Timo Boettcher wrote this:
2 > * Rodrigo Forlin <forlin@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Can someone point me a touch screen monitor that works under console?
4 > I bought a Touchscreen from some car-tuning guy on ebay. The touchscreen
5 > is detected as an eGalax compatible unit and works using the
6 > usbtouchscreen-module of the linux-kernel (using 2.6.19-gentoo-?).
7 > Works as in "the cursor moves when I touch it". I had to patch the
8 > kernel to add some sysfs-entries to be able to calibrate it without X.
9 > I sent the patch to the maintainer some days ago, who has not repiled
10 > yet. If anybody is interested in the patch, please ask.
11 >> I develop programs under console using framebuffer so i need also
12 >> a nice api to make my programs work with touchscreen.
13 > I use pygame with the fbcon SDL-Driver, that works without any problems.
14 > Some rough project overview and screenshots can be found at
15 > http://www.spida.net/projects/pympdtouchgui/, code will follow.
16 >
17 > HTH, if you want more details, feel free to ask.
18 >
19 > Timo
20
21 Thanks Timo, but I receveid an e-mail from hampshire with a new
22 driver and this one works. It seems that it is a good product, and they
23 trying to support linux.
24
25 I'll work a little harder with this one and if this does not succeed
26 i'll ask your help.
27
28 Thanks again,
29