From: "Stéphane ANCELOT" <sancelot@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Touch screen
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:47:45
1 Hi,
2
3 Have you got calibration software running under X or is it working only
4 in console mode ?
5
6 Best Regards
7 steph
8
9 Rodrigo Forlin a écrit :
10 > Timo Boettcher wrote this:
11 >> * Rodrigo Forlin <forlin@×××××.com> wrote:
12 >>> Can someone point me a touch screen monitor that works under console?
13 >> I bought a Touchscreen from some car-tuning guy on ebay. The touchscreen
14 >> is detected as an eGalax compatible unit and works using the
15 >> usbtouchscreen-module of the linux-kernel (using 2.6.19-gentoo-?).
16 >> Works as in "the cursor moves when I touch it". I had to patch the
17 >> kernel to add some sysfs-entries to be able to calibrate it without X.
18 >> I sent the patch to the maintainer some days ago, who has not repiled
19 >> yet. If anybody is interested in the patch, please ask.
20 >>> I develop programs under console using framebuffer so i need also
21 >>> a nice api to make my programs work with touchscreen.
22 >> I use pygame with the fbcon SDL-Driver, that works without any problems.
23 >> Some rough project overview and screenshots can be found at
24 >> http://www.spida.net/projects/pympdtouchgui/, code will follow.
25 >>
26 >> HTH, if you want more details, feel free to ask.
27 >>
28 >> Timo
29 >
30 > Thanks Timo, but I receveid an e-mail from hampshire with a new
31 > driver and this one works. It seems that it is a good product, and they
32 > trying to support linux.
33 >
34 > I'll work a little harder with this one and if this does not succeed
35 > i'll ask your help.
36 >
37 > Thanks again,
38 >