From: Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 doesn't detect power capabilities (hibernate, suspend, battery and frequency scaling)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:58:06
1 On Friday 23 April 2010 14:31:23 Yoav Luft wrote:
2 > I think it does, but how can I make sure of it?
3 >
4 > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Momesso Andrea
5 >
6 > <momesso.andrea@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > On Friday 16 April 2010 08:41:57 Yoav Luft wrote:
8 > >> After some experiments with the ndiswrapper driver, KDE4 stopped
9 > >> providing a frontend to various power capabilities. It doesn't detect
10 > >> the battery, it doesn't offer suspend or hibernate it the shutdown
11 > >> script, et cetera. The battery properties are still accessable through
12 > >> /sys/class/power/BAT1 and I can still suspend and hibernate using
13 > >> pm-suspend and pm-hibernate.
14 > >> I would like use KDE's frontend, though, as finding out how long the
15 > >> battery can hold from reading it's voltage isn't the most comfortable
16 > >> thing.
17 > >
18 > > Make sure that the hald daemon starts before kde does.
21 Please, don't top-post.
22
23 "/etc/init.d/hald status" will tell you if it's working. If it isn't
24 "rc-update add hald" will add it to your default runlevel.
25
26 ---
27 TopperH
28 http://topperh.blackmamba.kicks-ass.org