From: Yoav Luft <yoav.luft@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4 doesn't detect power capabilities (hibernate, suspend, battery and frequency scaling)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:31:37
1 I think it does, but how can I make sure of it?
2
3 On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Momesso Andrea
4 <momesso.andrea@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Friday 16 April 2010 08:41:57 Yoav Luft wrote:
6 >> After some experiments with the ndiswrapper driver, KDE4 stopped
7 >> providing a frontend to various power capabilities. It doesn't detect
8 >> the battery, it doesn't offer suspend or hibernate it the shutdown
9 >> script, et cetera. The battery properties are still accessable through
10 >> /sys/class/power/BAT1 and I can still suspend and hibernate using
11 >> pm-suspend and pm-hibernate.
12 >> I would like use KDE's frontend, though, as finding out how long the
13 >> battery can hold from reading it's voltage isn't the most comfortable
14 >> thing.
15 >
16 > Make sure that the hald daemon starts before kde does.
17 >
18 > ---
19 > TopperH
20 > http://topperh.blackmamba.kicks-ass.org