From: Robert Persson <ireneshusband@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde-3.4.0/3.4.1 mess
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 05:54:00
1 Many thanks, Toby.
2
3 Reading between the lines of the howto you referred to, I think, if I am not
4 mistaken, that the problem was that the monolithic-to-individual-package
5 migration path built into 3.4.0 was removed from 3.4.1. Somehow this left
6 the kde-3.4.0 ebuild hanging around as a kind of ghost even though all the
7 individual kde packages updated to 3.4.1.
8
9 Running "emerge -C kde" didn't remove any actual kde packages, but it did
10 clear the blockage and has allowed "emerge -u world" to proceed as it should.
13 On July 9, 2005 04:53 pm Toby Cubitt was like: