From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox bookmarks
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 07:00:20
1 150110 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > 150110 Philip Webb wrote :
3 >> Can anyone tell me where Firefox stores its bookmarks ?
4 > If you want do transfer Firefox bookmarks from one system to another,
5 > you can simply press Ctrl+Shift+O in Firefox. A window will open up
6 > where you can select "Import & Backup" --> "Export Bookmarks to HTML ..."
7 > to save the bookmarks to a file, which cb easily imported
8 > in the same manner on your other system.
9
10 Thanks hugely !! Export on this Gentoo system works as described,
11 but import on the other system (Mageia) fails & asks for a bug report.
12 However, it is easy to use the created file to add bookmarks by hand
13 (click on each desired link & they open in Firefox there,
14 whence they cb easily bookmarked on that Firefox).
15
16 I want to set up Mageia on my HDD as an emergency resource
17 in case my Gentoo system on SSD fails one day
18 (I want to be able to use the Internet etc, while I get a new SSD,
19 & my ancient stand-by machines are no longer capable).
20 The process is reminding me all the time why I use Gentoo (big smile).
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca