From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stupid init thingy. It's on my nerve, again.
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:59:40
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Mike Gilbert wrote:
3 >> In older versions of the dracut ebuild (<sys-kernel/dracut-036),
4 >> DRACUT_MODULES was used to select which modules to install.
5 >>
6 >> In newer versions, DRACUT_MODULES is no longer used; instead, all
7 >> modules are installed every time. That's why you see all the flags in
8 >> parentheses: the flags have been removed from the ebuild, but they are
9 >> effectively enabled now.
10 >>
11 >> Back to your logs, both of them say they cannot find the 'lvm2'
12 >> module. This makes sense because 'lvm2' is not a valid dracut module.
13 >> It seems like 034 just ignores this error, carrying on with building a
14 >> possibly broken initramfs.
15 >>
16 >> As far as I can tell, the only way for that missing module message to
17 >> show up is if you have that non-existing module listed in some dracut
18 >> config file somewhere. You should check for stale files in
19 >> /etc/dracut/dracut.conf.d, and in /usr/lib/dracut/dracut.conf.d.
20 >> Remove any reference to the 'lvm2' module in the dracutmodules or
21 >> add_dracutmodules variables.
22 >>
23 >> If you still can't get it working, post the output of dracut --debug
24 >> foo.img somewhere please. Let's stick with dracut-041; I'm not
25 >> interested in debugging an older version.
28 > Well, this is sort of weird but I guess they changed how dracut is set
29 > up completely as you said. I ended up just commenting EVERYTHING out
30 > but the log file part and now I think it works. I get this:
31 >
32 > root@fireball / # dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
33 > Executing: /usr/bin/dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
34 > *** Including module: bash ***
35 > *** Including module: i18n ***
36 > *** Including module: kernel-modules ***
37 > *** Including module: resume ***
38 > *** Including module: rootfs-block ***
39 > *** Including module: terminfo ***
40 > *** Including module: udev-rules ***
41 > Skipping udev rule: 91-permissions.rules
42 > Skipping udev rule: 80-drivers-modprobe.rules
43 > *** Including module: usrmount ***
44 > *** Including module: base ***
45 > *** Including module: fs-lib ***
46 > *** Including module: shutdown ***
47 > *** Including modules done ***
48 > *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware ***
49 > *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware done ***
50 > *** Resolving executable dependencies ***
51 > *** Resolving executable dependencies done***
52 > *** Stripping files ***
53 > *** Stripping files done ***
54 > *** Creating image file ***
55 > *** Creating image file done ***
56 > root@fireball / #
57 >
58 > My question now is this, does that build whatever lvm stuff is needed
59 > even tho it doesn't mention it? I ask because /usr is on a lvm
60 > partition. It sorta needs that little bit. ;-) Maybe I need to add
61 > that bit on the command line or something??
62 >
63 > The only dracut conf file I have is in /etc. I have a dracut.conf.d
64 > directory in /etc but it is empty. Since it changed how it was working,
65 > or not working, when I edited the file in /etc, I guess it is using that
66 > file for its config.
67 >
68 > Thanks.
69 >
70 > Dale
71 >
72 > :-) :-)
77 I think I typed to fast. It seems I was still on the older version. I
78 thought I had upgraded but it seems I had not. So, sort of disregard
80 good in my opinion.
81
82 root@fireball / # dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
83 Executing: /usr/bin/dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
84 dracut module 'bootchart' will not be installed, because command
85 '/sbin/bootchartd' could not be found!
86 dracut module 'dash' will not be installed, because command '/bin/dash'
87 could not be found!
88 dracut module 'modsign' will not be installed, because command 'keyctl'
89 could not be found!
90 dracut module 'network' will not be installed, because command
91 'dhclient' could not be found!
92 dracut module 'plymouth' will not be installed, because command
93 'plymouthd' could not be found!
94 dracut module 'plymouth' will not be installed, because command
95 'plymouth' could not be found!
96 dracut module 'btrfs' will not be installed, because command 'btrfs'
97 could not be found!
98 dracut module 'crypt' will not be installed, because command
99 'cryptsetup' could not be found!
100 dracut module 'dmraid' will not be installed, because command 'dmraid'
101 could not be found!
102 dracut module 'multipath' will not be installed, because command
103 'multipath' could not be found!
104 dracut module 'cifs' will not be installed, because command 'mount.cifs'
105 could not be found!
106 dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
107 'dcbtool' could not be found!
108 dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
109 'fipvlan' could not be found!
110 dracut module 'fcoe-uefi' will not be installed, because command
111 'lldpad' could not be found!
112 dracut module 'iscsi' will not be installed, because command
113 'iscsistart' could not be found!
114 dracut module 'iscsi' will not be installed, because command
115 'iscsi-iname' could not be found!
116 dracut module 'nbd' will not be installed, because command 'nbd-client'
117 could not be found!
118 95nfs: Could not find any command of 'rpcbind portmap'!
119 dracut module 'biosdevname' will not be installed, because command
120 'biosdevname' could not be found!
121 *** Including module: bash ***
122 *** Including module: caps ***
123 *** Including module: i18n ***
124 *** Including module: dm ***
125 Skipping udev rule: 64-device-mapper.rules
126 Skipping udev rule: 60-persistent-storage-dm.rules
127 Skipping udev rule: 55-dm.rules
128 *** Including module: kernel-modules ***
129 *** Including module: lvm ***
130 Skipping udev rule: 64-device-mapper.rules
131 Skipping udev rule: 56-lvm.rules
132 Skipping udev rule: 60-persistent-storage-lvm.rules
133 *** Including module: mdraid ***
134 Skipping udev rule: 64-md-raid.rules
135 *** Including module: resume ***
136 *** Including module: rootfs-block ***
137 *** Including module: terminfo ***
138 *** Including module: udev-rules ***
139 Skipping udev rule: 91-permissions.rules
140 Skipping udev rule: 80-drivers-modprobe.rules
141 *** Including module: usrmount ***
142 *** Including module: base ***
143 *** Including module: fs-lib ***
144 *** Including module: shutdown ***
145 *** Including modules done ***
146 *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware ***
147 *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware done ***
148 *** Resolving executable dependencies ***
149 *** Resolving executable dependencies done***
150 *** Stripping files ***
151 *** Stripping files done ***
152 *** Store current command line parameters ***
153 *** Creating image file ***
154 *** Creating image file done ***
155 root@fireball / #
158 I see lvm stuff with no errors. I'm pretty clueless on init thingys but
159 I think that is a good thing.
160
161 Thoughts? Am I rebootable again?
162