From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stupid init thingy. It's on my nerve, again.
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 22:39:19
1 Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > In older versions of the dracut ebuild (<sys-kernel/dracut-036),
3 > DRACUT_MODULES was used to select which modules to install.
4 >
5 > In newer versions, DRACUT_MODULES is no longer used; instead, all
6 > modules are installed every time. That's why you see all the flags in
7 > parentheses: the flags have been removed from the ebuild, but they are
8 > effectively enabled now.
9 >
10 > Back to your logs, both of them say they cannot find the 'lvm2'
11 > module. This makes sense because 'lvm2' is not a valid dracut module.
12 > It seems like 034 just ignores this error, carrying on with building a
13 > possibly broken initramfs.
14 >
15 > As far as I can tell, the only way for that missing module message to
16 > show up is if you have that non-existing module listed in some dracut
17 > config file somewhere. You should check for stale files in
18 > /etc/dracut/dracut.conf.d, and in /usr/lib/dracut/dracut.conf.d.
19 > Remove any reference to the 'lvm2' module in the dracutmodules or
20 > add_dracutmodules variables.
21 >
22 > If you still can't get it working, post the output of dracut --debug
23 > foo.img somewhere please. Let's stick with dracut-041; I'm not
24 > interested in debugging an older version.
28 Well, this is sort of weird but I guess they changed how dracut is set
29 up completely as you said. I ended up just commenting EVERYTHING out
30 but the log file part and now I think it works. I get this:
31
32 root@fireball / # dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
33 Executing: /usr/bin/dracut --force /boot/initramfs-3.18.9-1.img
34 *** Including module: bash ***
35 *** Including module: i18n ***
36 *** Including module: kernel-modules ***
37 *** Including module: resume ***
38 *** Including module: rootfs-block ***
39 *** Including module: terminfo ***
40 *** Including module: udev-rules ***
41 Skipping udev rule: 91-permissions.rules
42 Skipping udev rule: 80-drivers-modprobe.rules
43 *** Including module: usrmount ***
44 *** Including module: base ***
45 *** Including module: fs-lib ***
46 *** Including module: shutdown ***
47 *** Including modules done ***
48 *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware ***
49 *** Installing kernel module dependencies and firmware done ***
50 *** Resolving executable dependencies ***
51 *** Resolving executable dependencies done***
52 *** Stripping files ***
53 *** Stripping files done ***
54 *** Creating image file ***
55 *** Creating image file done ***
56 root@fireball / #
57
58 My question now is this, does that build whatever lvm stuff is needed
59 even tho it doesn't mention it? I ask because /usr is on a lvm
60 partition. It sorta needs that little bit. ;-) Maybe I need to add
61 that bit on the command line or something??
62
63 The only dracut conf file I have is in /etc. I have a dracut.conf.d
64 directory in /etc but it is empty. Since it changed how it was working,
65 or not working, when I edited the file in /etc, I guess it is using that
66 file for its config.
67
68 Thanks.
69