From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Webkit-gtk yelp and dependencies
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 10:08:59
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> [16-10-03 11:56]:
2 > On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:51 AM, <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > this morning it happens again: net-libs/webkit-gtk was
7 > > updated.
8 > > For me it means: For a longer time as convenient full
9 > > load on the all cores of the CPU of my GENTOO box,
10 > > higher CPU temperatures as usual and laggy desktop.
13 > You shouldn't get a laggy desktop these days. It was a problem a while back
14 > (5+ years ago?) when fiddling with swappiness and cgroups or other stuff
15 > i've forgotten was a thing.
16 >
17 > Off the top of my head, these are useful;
18 > CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
19 > CONFIG_HZ_1000=y
20 > CONFIG_HZ=1000
21 >